Do you ever feel that being healthy is too hard? It shouldn’t be.
However, we are constantly told that we are not good enough or that we’re not doing enough. Social media is full of ads that encourage us to be better and to get thinner; from the tabloids to the television to Instagram to the news, we are constantly assured that our best self is just out of reach.
Meh… I don’t think that it needs to be this way!
So today I’m listing 6 super simple things that you can do to be healthier. And that don’t require much time or effort. You might be doing some of them already. In which case, virtual high-five to you.
- Eat your veggies! Remember how mum always used to pester you to eat those greens? She was right. A diet high in vegetables will reduce your chances of contracting illness, improve your intestinal health, and can even boost your immune system.
- Laugh. I’m not joking! Laughing relaxes the body, relieves tension, and even boosts your immune system.
- Stop eating your child’s leftovers. I know we all do it, (me included).. But seriously! It’s gross. And it’s additional calories that you don’t need or want. Cold toast anyone?
- Get outdoors! Even if it’s cold and wet. Take a walk or sweep up some leaves. Being close to nature will make you feel less stressed and more grounded. And it will boost your happy hormones…
- Eat protein at every meal. Protein is the building blocks of your body. We use it to build and repair tissue. It also helps you feel fuller for longer. Aim for one palm size portion wih each meal. Some of my fav protein sources are Eggs, Chicken, Fish, Meat, Nuts and Cheese.
- Drink more water. Can you honestly say you drink enough water? You need at least 2 litres a day! It energises your muscles, controls your calorie intake, and encourages kidney health. Just 2% dehydration will affect your body from functioning optimally.
Introduce 1 or 2 of these gradually into your life until they become a habit. Then pick another couple to work on… And so on.
Being healthy doesn’t have to be hard…