This Quick Vegetarian Curry has had great reviews by the current PHI participants…
What you need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped into wedges
- 1 tbsp. peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- ½ cup (120ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. corn-starch
- 1 ½ cups (350ml) canned coconut milk, full-fat
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (115g) mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup (5g) fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cups (480g) cooked white rice
What you need to do:
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic and cook, for 4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the curry powder and cook for another minute.
Prepare the vegetable stock and mix it well with the corn-starch. Add the vegetable stock mixture to the pan along with the coconut milk and chopped vegetables. Season with salt & pepper and mix well.
Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the lime zest and lime juice just before serving.
Spoon rice onto plates and top with vegetable curry, garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Find out more about our Nutrition Courses here.