Here’s another yummy slow cooker option. 10 minutes to throw together. And even my kids like it!
What you need
- 700g chicken breast
- 2 tsp. corn-starch + 3 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, to garnish
For the Sauce:
- ¼ cup (60ml) + 1 tbsp. tamari
- ¼ cup (60ml) honey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chilli garlic sauce (Sambal Oelek)
What you need to do
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add the chicken breasts to slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cook chicken on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- Once cooked transfer chicken onto a cutting board and leave to cool.
- Mix the corn-starch with water until it dissolves and pour into the slow cooker, stirring well.
- Turn slow cooker to high and cook uncovered until the sauce thickens, for about 10 minutes.In the meantime, shred the chicken using two forks, then, add back into the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.